OUR STAFF CONSISTS OF PRACTITIONERS WHO ARE TRAINED IN MENTAL HEALTH, THEOLOGY, AND PASTORAL MINISTRY, BRINGING SIGNIFICANT MENTAL AND SPIRITUAL HEALTHCARE EXPERIENCE.
Rev. Justin Hannemann
M.A., M.Div., LIMHP, LMFT
Marriage and Family Therapist, Chief Executive Officer
- Master of Arts in Counseling and Human Development from Saint Louis University
- Master of Divinity from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis
- Doctor of Philosophy candidate – from Saint Louis University
- Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner in Nebraska
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Nebraska
- Fellow with the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Trained Filial Family Therapist
- Trained LifeStar Therapist for Sexual Addiction and Compulsion
- Practice and Research interests include Couple Relationships, Attachment Theory in Children and Adults, and the Integration of Faith and Psychology
- Experience working in both clinical and congregational settings
- Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy from University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Nebraska
- 17 years practice in Corporate Consulting and Coaching: The Gallup Organization, Kenexa
- 20 years practice in Personality Assessment
- 5 years Grief Group Facilitation
- 3 years Freshman Counselor; Concordia University Counseling Office
- 2 years Clinical Internship: Blue Valley Mental Health System, UNL Family Resource Center
Rev. David A. Muench
M.S., M.Div., LMFT
Marriage and Family Therapist, Executive Director
David A. Muench is a graduate of Concordia College, Seward; Concordia Seminary, St. Louis; and The University of Nebraska, Lincoln. He is an ordained minister in the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS), and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
Muench currently serves as Director of Ministerial Care for Concordia Plan Services. His ministry journey has included service as Pastor, Teacher, Christian Counselor, Youth Minister, and Denominational Executive. He has been assisting clients through Marriage and Family issues for over 24 years.
A passion for “relational vitality” and ministerial wellbeing has brought a multitude of opportunities for Muench to develop and deliver strategies for nurturing ministers (ordained and commissioned) at personal, congregational, circuit, district, and synod levels.
David and Mary, his high school sweetheart and wife of 45 years, have six children and thirteen grandchildren.
B.S. in Business Administration and Human Resources
Jennie grew up in Broken Bow, NE and graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. She joined the GracePoint staff with experience in church administration and business management especially in the areas of communications, human resources and accounting. She and her family served for 15 years in Russia and Germany with the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod’s Office of International Mission from 1999-2014. Prior to moving to Omaha, she worked in Northern Virginia as Ministry Administrator for a congregation in a suburb of Washington DC. Prior to that, she worked at the American Embassy in Moscow, Russia; Stephen Ministries in St. Louis, Missouri; and Union Bank & Trust in Lincoln, Nebraska. Jennie and her husband, Rev. Dr. Brent Smith have three children.
M.S., R.D., LMNT
Katie graduated from the University of Nebraska Lincoln (UNL) with a bachelors in Dietetics (2007) and a masters in Nutrition and Health Sciences (2009). She is currently enrolled in a doctoral program in Nutrition and Health Sciences (ABD) through UNL as well as a masters program in Counseling through Crown College.
As a Registered Dietitian, Katie serves the Lord and her community through individual nutrition therapy, teaching as an adjunct professor at the University of Nebraska Omaha, and as a community presenter.
Katie is passionate about seeing the whole person healed through the work of the Holy Spirit…body, soul, and spirit. She is equipped to address clients’ health behaviors, body image, relationship with food, and personal goals in order to help accomplish an overall balanced and healthy lifestyle.
She is married to Shane with three step-children.